To enrol your child(ren) into the French-english Bilingual Program at Killarney Heights Public School, you are required to follow the 2 steps below:
- Enrol at Killarney Heights Public School directly
- Enrol with FANS into the bilingual program
If you are not enrolling at both the shool and FANS, your child may be enrolled at the school but not able to participate into the bilingual program; or enrolled with the Association, but not with the school so we won’t be able to finalised the enrolment.
Whether you enrol first with FANS then with the School, or with the School then with FANS does not matter, as long as both enrolments are done within a few days of each other.
If you are not living in the catchment area, your completed enrolment (completed paperwork for the school + FANS as well as enrolment fees paid for the bilingual program) must be finalised before the end of Ausgust for a 2023 start.
For an enrolment other than joining the school and the bilingual program at the start of the 2023 school year (including joining during the school year), please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is expected that students enrol only once in the bilingual program when starting their school life and remain in the program until they leave KHPS.
All departures before the end of Year 6 must be discussed with FANS and the school and is subject to the program’s terms and conditions.
Killarney Heights Public School
Killarney Heights NSW 2087
Ph. 9451 9547 / Fax 9975 5038
- Complete this form and return it to the school*.
- If you are neither a citizen or a permanent resident, please follow the « Temporary Resident Program » steps on the DEC International website. Schools are not authorised to accept students before reception of the confirmation from DEC International that the temporary residency tax has been paid. Please organise this as soon as possible as it can take a few days to be finalised at the beginning of school year.
*If you live in the school catchment area, you can enroll online.
To enrol into the bilingual program, you need to:
- Complete the online form – see enrolment button at the bottom of the page
- Submit an application for your child via this portal
- Pay the enrolment fees (bond + admin fees) within 10 days of submitting the online form
Important: The bilingual program offered by FANS at Killarney Heights Public School has two streams: Anglophone and Francophone.
- A student is defined as Francophone if at least one of the parents is from a francophone background and speaks French to the child at home. The child is not required to speak French to be considered as a “Francophone” before starting in kindergarten but needs to understand it and has had some prior exposure to the language.
- An “Anglophone” student is a child who has had no, or very little, exposure to the French language prior to starting kindergarten.
Enrolments into the program are open for a start in Kindergarten only. For all enrolments in a higher grade than kindergarten, please contact FANS at email@example.com. Prior knowledge of French is necessary and a Teacher of French will proceed to testing the child to ensure appropriate level for a good integration into the program , for the child’s well-being.
Enrolment Fees Amounts:
- $900 per child for student enrolled in the program as “Francophone”
- $500 per child for student enrolled in the program as “Anglophone”
Amounts above include a bond and $150 non-refundable admin fees.
Bonds are refunded the last term of Year 6. In case of departure at another time a full term’s notice needs to be sent to FANS in writing.
Enrolment fees can be settled via bank transfer.
These enrolment fees are to secure a place into the bilingual program.
Annual Bilingual Program Fees:
Annual program fees will be invoiced and payable either at the beginning of the school year or quarterly and payable at the start of each term according to your preference. Program fees will be announced as soon as the budget 2023 will be approved. As an indication, program fees in 2022 for a “francophone” student are $3,695 and $1,465 for an “anglophone” student.
Please read carefully the bilingual program terms and conditions before starting the enrolment process.