Kindy Assistant Teacher
FANS is looking for a Kindy Assistant Teacher to complete the Kindy Team of FANS Bilingual Program at Killarney Heights Public School.
About the Position
You will be working as an assistant teacher of French in a NSW public school.
You will be part of a team motivated by maintaining the bilingualism and developing the use of a second language.
You will support and promote the excellence of the teaching of French in this unique program.
You will be a native French-speaker, and a qualified childhood educator, with Working With Children Check.
You will be an essential part of the Kindy team by assisting small groups of students in their tasks, alongside the Teacher of French, rotating in multiple classrooms.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare activities and tasks for the day under the instruction of the teacher, such as setting up games, gathering supplies for craft sessions, gluing lessons in books, changing the home readers, …
• Assess students’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on a regular basis (mots fusées, benchmarking, etc.)
• Mostly use the French language when interacting with students, and strongly encourage its use during the classes
• Adapt your register, flow and level of language and your methods to the need of each student
• Supervise the children under your care in the classroom, on the playground and during excursions
• Help children with their basic needs, such as helping them with eating or drinking, putting on their coats, and helping them with toileting
• Maintain an organized and clean classroom and ensure that children are learning in a safe and hygienic environment.
• Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing, reinforcing the school’s rules
• Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with students and parents, providing appropriate information, respecting confidentiality.
• Liaise with your team members and your stage Executive Teacher for pedagogical matters
• Follow and comply with teaching standards, FANS and the school’s directions, and safety regulations.
• Communicate with team members and management when needed
• Supervise the “Garderie” twice a week before school
At FANS, we value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our team is representative of the communities with which we work and where we live.
If you are dynamic, passionate about bilingualism, a dedicated educator and excited about the opportunity to join our team, we would like to hear from you!