Enrolments into the bilingual program at Killarney Heights Public School
Enrolments to the French-English bilingual program at Killarney Heights Public Shcool for a 2020 start will open at the beginning of May. An online form will be made available at that time. Thank you for your patience.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
To enrol your child(ren) into the French-english Bilingual Program at Killarney Heights Public School, you are required to follow the 2 steps below:
- Enrol at Killarney Heights Public School directly
- Enrol with FANS into the bilingual program
If you are not enrolling at both the shool and FANS, your child may be enrolled at the school but not able to participate into the bilingual program; or enrolled with the Association, but not with the school so we won’t be able to finalised the enrolment.
If you are not living in the catchment area, your completed enrolment (completed paperwork for the school + FANS as well as enrolment fees paid for the bilingual program) must be finalised before 23 August 2019 for a 2020 start.
Step 1 – Enrol your child(ren) at Killarney Heights Public School
- Download a form on the Department of Education website or contact the school:
Killarney Heights Public School
Killarney Heights NSW 2087
Ph. 9451 9547 / Fax 9975 5038
- Complete this form and return it to the school.
- If you are neither a citizen or a permanent resident, please follow the « Temporary Resident Program » steps on the DEC International website. Schools are not authorised to accept students before reception of the confirmation from DEC International that the temporary residency tax has been paid. Please organise this as soon as possible as it can take a few days to be finalised at the beginning of school year.
Step 2 – Enrol your child(ren) to participate in the French-English Bilingual Program with FANS
- Complete the online form (the link will be available early May)*
- Complete FANS membership form. Membership fees are included in the child(ren)’s program fees. All families with children enrolled in the program are automatically member of the Association.
- Complete the statutory declaration (format PDF).
Return all the documents (statutory declaration + membership form) via email [email protected], and pay the enrolment fees to secure a place in the bilingual program.
Enrolment Fees Amounts:
- $800 per child for student enrolled in the program as “Francophone”
- $400 per child for student enrolled in the program as “Anglophone”
Amounts above include a bond and $100 non-refundable admin fees.
Bonds are refunded the last term of Year 6. In case of departure at another time a term’s notice needs to be sent to FANS in writing to advise of the child leaving (read the cancellation policy at the end of this page).
Enrolment fees can be settled via bank transfer (details on the online form) or by cheque sent to FANS, P.O.Box 472 – Forestville NSW 2087.
These enrolment fees are to secure a place into the bilingual program. Annual program fees will be invoiced at the beginning of the school year. They will be announced as soon as the budget for 2020 will be approved. As an indication, program fees in 2019 for a “francophone” student are $3,295 and $1,295 for an “anglophone” student.
*For all new student who would like to join the bilingual program other than at a Kindergarten level, please contact [email protected]. (Prior knowledge of French is necessary to enrol in a grade oher than kindergarten.)
- At time of enrolment – Enrolment fees (Bond and admin fees) are non-refundable.
- Enrolment fees are only refundable if, and only if, your child cannot be offered a placed at the school as a bilingual student.
- Departure of a student already enrolled at the school: A term notice must be sent in writing to FANS (email or post) for the bond to be refunded. I.e.: By the first Friday of a starting term when leaving at the end of this same term. If the notice is sent after this deadline, a full term is due (i.e.: the bond, which is equivalent to one term, will not be refunded).